Ironman Wales Training Weekend Breaks
Pembrokeshire is home to one of the UK’s toughest endurance events – IRONMAN Wales. And Bluestone has teamed up with the event’s organizers to offer an exclusive Preparation Weekend in July. Warm up for Ironman Wales, with a 2 day training weekend with 3 nights' accommodation commencing on July 5th, the perfect preparation to get you physically and mentally ready for the challenge ahead*.
Even if you’re not competing in this year’s Ironman Wales, they are great weekends for outdoor and endurance enthusiasts, as well as their family and friends who can enjoy the free range fun and relaxation at Bluestone, including the Blue Lagoon water park, all-weather Adventure Centre, our luxury Well Spa and the great restaurants, pub, bakery and shops, and loads of great free range activities – whatever the weather.
Expert coaches from trilife.com will be running the IRONMAN Wales Preparation Weekends, designed to provide all attendees with the chance to familiarise themselves with all aspects of event location, courses and race.
With 500 acres of spectacular countryside within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, Bluestone is a great place to explore the area or to base yourself when competing in triathlon, cycling and endurance events in West Wales – or even just a holiday escape.
With this unique Bluestone break, not only will get expert coaching but also the luxury of spending time with family and friends in five star accommodation with access to Bluestone’s five star facilities, including restaurants, The Well Spa, Blue Lagoon water park and over 100 free range, all weather activities.
What is included:
- 3 night weekend break arriving July 5th in luxury accommodation
- Two Day Training Package at an additional £135 per participant (Saturday & Sunday)
- Expert coaching sessions from trilife.com experts
- Complimentary access to the Blue Lagoon Water Park and Indoor Adventure Centre for all the family.
How to book your Ironman training break
- Visit Search Availability and Book,
- Book a weekend break arriving July 5th 2013.
- Once your accommodation has been booked add the Ironman package and choose the Friday arrival date under Events within My Booking Section.
More break information
The expert coaches of the trilife.com will be here with us at Bluestone for two Ironman Wales Preparation Weekends. The two day weekend is designed to provide all attendees with the opportunity to familiarise themselves with all aspect of the event location, courses and race day preparation.
Participants will be able to ride a lap of the bike course, practice and review the Ironman pacing with a coached run off the bike, an open water swim session (weather permitting) and walk through the transitions. There will also be a seminar from thetrilefe.com as well as Ironman staff present for any questions you may have.
As well as all of the above we have been fortunate to secure the services of world class coaches like Richard Jones and Dan Salcedo who will be advising you on how the get the most benefit from your training. You will learn how to race smart on the day and develop your nutrition and mental strategies.
For experienced athletes, these days are invaluable to learn from experts how to race to the best of your ability on the day and for first time Ironman athletes these days will help you have the very best experience and finish your race wanting to do it all again next year!
* Please be aware, the preparation weekend involves some strenuous physical activity. All participants should be sure that they are in good health before taking part in the weekend and if they have only recently begun training for the event, should seek medical advice before participating.
Weekend stay only contains two training days on the Saturday and Sunday.
Your are required to bring your own equipment for the Ironman Preparation.
Note: Images kindly supplied by www.finisherpix.com