The Bluestone Foundation
Building A Better Future
The Bluestone Foundation was established in 2010 to help people to help themselves through environmental, economic and social projects in Pembrokeshire. The Foundation underpins the ethos of Bluestone National Park Resort, which is about celebrating our unique and beautiful county and its people. Together, we can help build economic growth alongside environmental and social opportunities for the people and communities of Pembrokeshire.
We are proud to work in partnership with Pembrokeshire Association of Voluntary Services (PAVS) who help and advise potential applicants before passing them on for the consideration of the Bluestone Foundation Committee. Made up of employees from across the resort who themselves live in the area, the committee understands the needs of Pembrokeshire and a genuine desire to make a difference. The Foundation is supported by an annual financial contribution from the Bluestone business, the generous donations of our guests, and through fundraising events led by our staff.
Blue Lagoon Water Park
Beginning in 2024, the Blue Lagoon Water Park will be open to the local community as part of a series of evening events raising funds for charities, non-profit organisations and constituted groups in Pembrokeshire. Each event will be hosted by a local charitable organisation and local residents will be able to buy tickets. All of the proceeds will be directed into the community, 75% of funds through the local charitable organisation and 25% through the Bluestone Foundation. Each event will mean up to 600 members of the local community can enjoy our water park’s facilities while raising money directly for local good causes.
Haverfordwest based non-profit organisation, Get the Boys a Lift, are the first good cause to benefit in 2024.Tickets for upcoming events can be booked via Eventbrite soon!
*Charities, non-profit and other constituted groups in Pembrokeshire interested in participating in future events can apply to become the host and recipient of funds by contacting PAVS.
Bluestone Foundation Supporting Pembrokeshire
Over £250,000 of funds have been granted since 2010. Find out more about our recent support projects, below:
• Sport Pembrokeshire’s Fit and Fed: Around 3,000 young people at risk of social isolation engaged through activity and access to nutritious food.
• Get the Boys a Lift: Bluestone Foundation was the first body to provide funds to GTBAL and have worked with them since inception.
• VC Gallery: Bluestone Foundation supported the VC Gallery with several years of core funding to help establish the charity.
• PATCH: Funds helped to purchase a van and to set up a community shop.
• Pembrokeshire FRAME: Funds given to help purchase fridges and freezers, in order to set up multiple community fridge projects.
• Dockers Boxing Club Pembroke Dock: Additional equipment supplied for children.
• Tir Dewi: Funds given to support a phone line - enabling the farming community to help with mental health challenges.
• Portfield School: Funds purchased specialist equipment to support physiotherapy for disabled children.
Email email@example.com for more information.