In the wrong place? This page is only for guests staying with us after 2nd October 2020. If your break is before that date you won't be able to book on this page, instead please log into your account and book your Wacky Racers session here.
We’ve brought an old classic back to life, and given it a Bluestone twist. Wacky Racers is your chance to experience a ride on a classic wooden go kart and race down our Soap Box derby track.
You will receive a full safety brief and explanation on how to safely drive and negotiate our course, by session end you could be the next Lewis Hamilton.
While only one person can have a go on the kart, everyone needs to help with navigation and encouragement for our wacky racers.
Participants must wear closed toe footwear
Adults are required to accompany a child on the session, but do not need to book and reserve a kart for themselves.
- Children aged 4 -8 yrs need to be accompanied by an adult during the activity (adults aren't required to book)
- Children aged 8+ yrs can be unaccompanied, but for those aged between 8 and 12 yrs, parents must remain in the facility (adults aren't required to book)
There is a maximum height of 6ft and maximum combined weight of 15st to take part in Wacky Racers
The COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving, and as we reopen activities our approach will be as flexible as possible to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff. As a result, this activity has been reimagined and changed to fit within our new enhanced health and safety measures, without compromising on the Free Range fun!
- Protective Measures: numbers on activity reduced to six, unless they are in the same family bubble. Toilets nearby for hand washing pre-session and advised at completion. Only one racer allowed on each kart.
- Physical Distancing: floor markings for kart preparation and safety brief. Wacky Racer karts descend one at a time via instructor authorisation
- Limited-Contact Enhancements: instructor led session with verbal communication from a distance with a maximum of 6 karts per session
- Increased and enhanced cleaning: after each session there is 30 minutes set aside for sanitising each cart. Guests asked if any prior flu-like illness
- Enhanced Communication With Staff: all team members have been given new enhanced training to listen to any concerns you may have. We will take immediate action to place you at ease during the session. Staff may use face mask, visor and gloves if required