Technology might have moved on, but why not master one of the most ancient hunting styles - archery. Line-up your bow, see the arrow flying through the air and hit the target - easy right?
During your 45-minute session you'll learn shooting techniques from our helpful and friendly staff and have some fun along the way. Once you've mastered the basics you'll be putting your skills to the test in a (friendly!) competition.
Our archery experience is suitable for ages over 8. While we welcome all wannabe bow-people, anyone under-14 must be accompanied by an adult, even if they're not taking part in the activity.
Staff led session. Parental involvement for under-14s is encouraged
Meet at the Tournament Field ten minutes before your session is due to begin to meet your instructor. Please bring proof of booking
The rain won't stop the fun of shooting arrows, unless it turns to thunder and lightening
Suitable clothing for outdoor activity and weather conditions. Closed toe footwear (trainers/flat boots) only. No heels/sandals.
Can watch and give encouragement from behind the fence
The COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving, and as we reopen activities our approach will be as flexible as possible to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff. As a result, this activity has been reimagined and changed to fit within our new enhanced health and safety measures, without compromising on the Free Range fun!
- Protective Measures: toilets nearby for hand washing pre-session and advised at completion
- Physical Distancing: session numbers reduced to five, unless same family bubble can be increased to a maximum of eight. Social distancing via briefing. Social distancing for collection of arrows via instructor straight line and/or singularly. Exclusive bay area for users, at a socially distant outdoor space. Signage placed around the area to remind everyone of the social distancing guidelines
- Limited Contact Enhancements: instructor led session with verbal communication from a distance
- Increased and Enhanced Cleaning: after each session, 15 minutes is set aside for sanitising equipment and targets. Guests asked if any prior flu like illness. Guests issued with own bows and arrows. Sanitiser to be available between use
- Communication with Staff: all team members have been given new enhanced training to listen to any concerns you may have, we will take immediate action to place you at ease during the session. Face mask, visor, apron and gloves may be used by instructor if required