Kayaking is a perfect way to bring the family together in an activity that everyone can enjoy. This gentle sport is a great way to enjoy the tranquil waters of the lake as a couple or a small group.
Taking place on Bluestone's private lake, you'll receive tuition from our friendly team of instructors who make the session safe, informative, and of course, fun!
Meet at Ranger HQ 10 minutes before your session is due to begin where you will meet your instructor and complete safety and health checks. Please bring proof of booking.
Please wear appropriate clothing for your comfort and safety. Closed toe footwear is required.
A buoyancy aid and helmet will be provided for the activity. You must wear this for the entire session, on and off land, until your instructor indicates otherwise. Please note that wet or dry suits will not be provided for this activity, so please bring your own or wear suitable clothing (you may get wet!)
Long hair tied back. Empty your pockets of valuables. Rings will need to be removed/taped.
Activity suitable for those age 12 and over.
Children must be dropped off at activity by parent/guardian and disclaimer needs to be signed on arrival. If not participating in activity, adults can watch from the side of the lake.
The COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving, and as we reopen activities our approach will be as flexible as possible to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff. As a result, this activity has been reimagined and changed to fit within our new enhanced health and safety measures, without compromising on the Free Range fun!
- Protective Measures: toilets nearby for hand washing pre-session and advised at completion
- Physical Distancing: signage placed around the area to remind everyone of the social distancing guidelines
- Limited-Contact Enhancements: instructor led session with verbal communication from a distance
- Increased and Enhanced Cleaning: touch points, equipment and pontoons sanitised pre and post session. Hand sanitiser available on the course. Guests asked if any prior flu like symptoms. After each session there is 30 minutes set aside for sanitising
- Enhanced Communication with Staff: all team members have been given new enhanced training to listen to any concerns you may have, we will take immediate action to place you at ease during the session. Face mask, visor, apron and gloves may be used by instructor if required
Water activities are available in the spring, summer, and early autumn. For exact dates, please contact the Reservations Team as these are subject to change.