In the wrong place? This page is only for guests staying with us after 2nd October 2020. If your break is before that date you won't be able to book on this page, instead please log into your account and book your Sky Wires session here.
Our zip wires course is two miles of adrenaline-fueled adventure, where we’ll send you flying through the trees at breakneck speed. During the two-hour course you’ll tackle four zip wires that will take you to different parts of the forest and give you a chance to perfect your technique.
There won’t be much time to get nervous though! After taking you through your safety brief, you’ll get instruction in how to take off and land and before you know it you’ll be hitched up and getting ready to catapult through the air.
Don’t worry though – we’re not that cruel. We’ll be easing you in by starting on the simplest courses, where you can build up your confidence before you take on the biggest challenge - soaring over Steep Ravine and waving at the people at Camp Smokey below!
There’s not much to get worried about because our trained instructors will be there every step of the way to give you words of encouragement, keep you safe and dish out any tips – all you have to do is remember to open your eyes.
Sky Wires takes place in the Steep Ravine. Guests will meet their instructor at the Activity Hut behind the Tournament Field before the session begins. Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your session is due to begin so you can meet your instructor and compete safety and health checks
Children need to be eight-years-old to take part in Sky Wires and an adult will need to be in attendance for the duration of the training, but is not required to participate
It's important for your comfort and safety during the session to be wearing appropriate clothing. You'll need closed toe footwear (trainers/flat boots preferable) and long trousers are recommended. Pleased don't wear heeled shoes or flip-flops
You don't want to lose anything so make sure your hair is tied back for the duration of the activity and empty your pockets of anything valuable before your session starts, or make sure they're secured. Rings will need to be removed/taped
The COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving, and as we reopen activities our approach will be as flexible as possible to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff. As a result, this activity has been reimagined and changed to fit within our new enhanced health and safety measures, without compromising on the Free Range fun!
- Protective Measures: reduced number to eight maximum. Toilets nearby for hand washing pre-session and advised at completion
- Physical Distancing: your harnesses will be placed on the floor to identify social distancing. Signage placed around the area to remind everyone of the social distancing guidelines. Social distancing maintained as you walk through the ravine to tackle the elements
- Limited-Contact Enhancements: instructor led session with verbal communication from a distance. PPE to be worn by instructor when social distancing isn't possible e.g. checking harness is safe
- Increased and Enhanced Cleaning: touch points sanitised between and during session. Hand sanitiser available on course. Guests asked if any prior flu like symptoms. Harnesses sanitised pre use and post session.
- Enhanced Communication with Staff: all team members have been given new enhanced training to listen to any concerns you may have, we will take immediate action to place you at ease during the session. Face mask, visor, apron and gloves may be used by instructor if required.